Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Who Runs The Democrats and Republicans?

LPASC: I was talking to a couple of guys that I work with this morning, and as usual, we got on the subject of politics. (It seems like I always get on that subject!) They asked me why I just don’t become a Democrat. I told them that the Democrats, even though they look and sound like liberals, are really more like the Republicans. This is a recent thing, it wasn’t always like this.

The reason that the two political parties, The Republicans and The Democrats are so much the same, is that they both work for the same boss. You might think I’m talking about the people, but I’m not. I wish I were, and then we wouldn’t have a need for another party. I’m talking about corporations and special-interest groups. The reason for this, is because it takes a lot of money to run a political campaign these days. It takes a lot of money just to get people to listen to you! As you can see, The Liberal Party doesn’t have a lot of money. This money has to come from somewhere, where does it come from?

It comes from the pharmaceutical companies. It comes from the energy and oil companies. It comes from the unions and teachers and police and firefighter associations. Some of it comes from individual people like you, but not much. Most of the money comes from corporations and special interest groups. You can see it for yourself on a site called Open Secrets. You can click here, or on the link to the right of this article, or go to www.opensecrets.org. By law, it is public knowledge who gives what to whom. The politicians in Washington don’t really want you to know, so don’t let on that it was me who told you where to find out! (only kidding) Check it for yourself. Go see who is REALLY running this country! I know you believe that it says WE THE PEOPLE, but now it should say WE THE CORPORATIONS AND SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS. That’s the reason that The Liberal Party of America doesn’t play well with Democrats. We certainly don’t play well with Republicans, we can’t even agree with them!

Well enough for now. I’ll write more later.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home